Are you looking for the top VPN provider? We’ve reviewed the leading virtual private network companies so you can find the best pricing and discounts for each of the best providers. More and more buyers are looking for the security and convenience of a VPN to make surfing the net easier and ensure their privacy is protected from legal issues.
Check our quick summary table below and specific provider reviews for more information.
Our VPN Software Reviews
|Support||Regular Price||Money Back||Rating||Review|
|Excellent||$3.33 monthly||7 Days||(4.8 / 5)||PIA Review|
|Excellent||$8.32 monthly||30 Days||(4.7 / 5)||ExpressVPN Review|
|Excellent||$6.67 monthly||3 day trial||(4.9 / 5)||Vyprvpn Review|
|Excellent||$5.83 monthly||30 Days||(4.7 / 5)||CyberGhost Review|
|Excellent||$2.08 monthly||7 Days||(4.4 / 5)||PureVPN Review|
|Good||$6.55 monthly||30 Days||(4.4 / 5)||HMA Review|
What is a VPN and are they safe?
A VPN fully known as a virtual private network is private network created across the Internet or public network. It serves to enable the users to send and receive secure data shared on the public network just as if you sent it over a privately connected network of the devices.
Even though VPN cannot make a completely anonymous private connection, they increase the privacy levels and security of the data exchange. A VPN only allows the authenticated devices over the network to access the private information. This is done using encryption techniques and tunneling protocols. VPN provides confidentiality here the attacker will only see encrypted data, it also provides sender authentication to keep unauthorized users from joining the network. Lastly, VPN provides message integrity where there is no tampering with messages transmitted over the public network.
What is a VPN connection
So as to establish a VPN connection, a virtual point-to-point connection is created using dedicated connections, traffic encryption, and tunneling protocols. Some of the benefits of a wide area network can be experienced through a VPN over the public internet. The resources within the home network can easily and securely be accessed remotely via VPN network. VPN networks are also created a private network owned by a service provider in case you need more security. Large institutions like banks, schools, colleges and government agencies use VPN so as to enable remote access to a central server privately and securely. They are used to extend intranets by creating a network over long distances safely.
What is a VPN typically used for?
- VPN’s are used to extend networks of institutions for example bank branches and government agencies being able to access centralized data from the headquarters securely and privately as if the server is on site.
- Student or worker can be given access over a VPN to access the school resources or work information from home securely. This helps keep away snooping when using public Wi-Fi at restaurants or airports.
- If you download a lot legally or illegally, the simple way to avoid being witch-hunted by companies is to download securely. Things like BitTorrent requires you to have a VPN to keep you safe from being dragged to court even for something you may not have done.
- Minding security for general communications at home or when away.
- Avoiding local restrictions to what sites to visit. When using a VPN, you can watch and read whatever you like bypassing the government and geographic constraints.
What is a VPN service provider?
Before you can use a VPN service, you must subscribe to a VPN service provider. They bill few dollar monthly, but there are free ones too even though their services are limited in one way or the other. The service provider offers a variety of gateway cities which allows you to choose where your computer IP address is located. This allows for access to sites that are only allowed in particular countries and may be blocked in your country of residence. Travelers especially can benefit from this application since you don’t get limited to what you usually access when you travel outside your country to locations with severe restrictions like China and Iran.
Why should you use a VPN?
- You visit a different cafe every time, so you need a VPN to keep you safe. The Wi-Fi connection freely available in your local restaurant or school is unencrypted therefore exposing you to God knows what. Even the basic level hacker can break into the Wi-Fi network and cause you harm.
- VPN helps you appear to be in a different location or country, therefore, keeping you hidden from hackers targeting your IP address.
- If you want to prevent your employer or school from monitoring what you do on the internet, then a VPN is your solution to all this.
- If you are tired of Google keeping your search information, then a VPN is your friend here.
- When doing research on your competitors and you don’t want them to be alerted that you accessed their site, use a VPN to mask your identity.
Which features makes a good VPN?
The best VPN for any individual or organization offers an excellent balance of several features like price, connectivity protocol and server location. Some can be considered for a one-off use whereas established organizations can use others in the long term. Look for these features:
- Protocol: using SSL or IPS security protocols is better though each protocol has its merits and demerits. Some VPN service providers use lower security protocols. End users, however, need not concern themselves so much with these.
- Corporate and exit locations: it is important to consider these two as they spell out how bets you can hide your real IP location. In case you need to access services in the US and the UK then choose a service provider that has these varieties, servers in many places for flexibility.
- Logging: pick a service provider that does not log your activity. Even though your communications may be secure, the records can be used to get some data about your communications. The government may request for this information from the service provider, however, if there is no log, you are safe.
- Anti-spyware/anti-malware: a top VPN service should include protection to keep you secure. Always have someone watching your back through these applications.
- Mobile App: as you enjoy this new sense of security when using the internet, it is good to extend it to the mobile phone which is used more than the PC these days. Choose the one which will cover all your devices.